LOCA Consultancy Service Sole Co., Ltd (LOCA) is a partner of CertAll, representative as CertAll Laos as consultancy provider for local and international certification. LOCA has renamed in 2019 with its original name as LCA established in 2013. LOCA is teamed up with the professional team with experience in the sector over 10 years. We have wide ranges knowledge and experiences in government policy, law and regulation. Our special focus is standard and certification system in agriculture (organic and GAP), trade and investment. We have experienced in organic agriculture in Laos for decades. We are in particularly, specialized in Lao organic standard, internal Control System (ICS) for group production as well as the process and the requirements of Lao organic and GAP certification.
Why LOCA established?
- No existing private service provider in the country regarding the standard & certification
- Farmers & Operators face difficulties in seeking the reliable & on-time technical support in terms of standard & certification
- Mostly farmers & Operators rely on technical service/extension from public sector, BUT facing constraints due to staff & budget limitations-which result in delaying service
- Recently, public sector changes its policy direction from “public service provider” to “supervision agency”-this means that the public sector will only oversee the control of entities through law & regulation, while the service, extension and technical consultancy will be transferred under the hands of private service provider.
- “Public Service Provider” has difficulty in doing business: financial transaction and financial related issues. So, LCA “Alternative private service provider”, that can deal with the issue of financial transaction and doing business to business.
- Based on those conditions, LCA was established in 2013, with 4 staff, 2 full-time, 2 part-time
- Being Qualified & Professional Private Service Provider for organic agriculture that contributes to the sustainability of social & economic developments in Laos
- To offer the certification services according to a variety international standards
- To offer certification services according to other agricultural-GAP, social and environmental standards
- To delivery training service and disseminate knowledge about organic agriculture and certification
- To support organic agriculture movements in Laos
- To support local operators to improve market access and get better sale performances
- To continually enhance organization innovation
Our Previous Clients & the work had been completed
- Farmer Association KangVieng in Xiengkhouang: Capacity building for organic quality rice. LOCA supported to develop training Manual,
- Mekong Institute (MI): LOCA supported to develop “GAP ICS Manual”
- ADB-Biomass project: LOCA supported to develop “Organic Rice Standard and Implementation Guideline”, Organizing Workshops, meetings.
- JICA Project: Translation of Lao Organic Strategy
- GIZ project: Translation of ASEAN Guideline for Bio Control Agents
- BioTrade Project: Conducted pre-assessment for organic tea production groups & factories against EU organic standard.
Our Current Clients
- Lao Farmer Product (LFP): Certified Organic Tea for EU
- Tsujiko Company: Certified Butterfly Pea for EU & US
As partner of BioTrade project, LCA will support tea factories in Phongsaly (1 &2) as following:
- Khamphanh Tea Factory (under support of Helvetas BioTrade)
- Lao Tung Tea Factory (under support of Helvetas Biotrade Project)
- Mulberry Company
- AgroAsie Company
- Club Green Company
- Lao Strategy Coffee Company
- MaiSavanh Company
Our Strategy & way forward
Increasing the scope of service: previously our services are mainly focused on technical aspects, while we left behind the marketing and financial aspects. But our new strategy will include many aspects of business environment covering from farm to market orientation. For instance,
- Supporting our clients for marketing information, marketing research, marketing analysis and marketing strategy
- Supporting our clients to do better performance in sale through market promotion such as attending Trade fair, Biofach, developing organic directory for clients.
- Supporting our clients to access finance & loans
- Supporting our clients to improve product development
CONNECTING LOCAL PRODUCTS TO THE WORLD